Best Baccarat Strategies
To win at Baccarat, the sophisticated casino game for high rollers, you must place blind bets on two outcomes; the Banker having the highest hand or the Player having the highest hand. It’s a complicated game for serious players, but the rules of the game are easy enough to pick up. Best baccarat strategies are in icium.
Firstly, it’s important to understand how the cards are dealt. There’s two hands dealt by the dealer, each hand comprises of two cards; one is the player hand and the other is the banker hand. Any number of players can bet on the outcome of each hand dealt, you can choose to bet on the player or banker hand to be on nine or closest to nine.
Deals pass clockwise around the table between the players and the banker. The player dealing will deal out two cards and pass them onto the banker table. When the shoes is shuffled, sometimes the first card turned will reveal how many cards the dealer should throw away (burn) in between deals for each hand.
The card values dealt need to be added up to reach your total amount. Face cards are worth 10, aces and worth 1 and all other cards carry the value stated on the (example 9 of Hearts is 9). When the card values are combined, the digit in the tens places are dropped, example if you have a 5 and a 7, the total is 12, so you drop the tens digit meaning the overall total is 2.
The aim of the game is to hit a 9 or close to it as possible to win.
In this game you are betting blind because you cannot see the oppositions card values, this is what makes the game exciting and unpredictable. Always check the odds on offer because normal commission deduction on Banker bets is 5%, but it pays to do your research as some online casino sites have a commission on Banker bets set at as much as 25%.
Terms and conditions
Always read the terms and conditions before you deposit and play Baccarat at online casinos, this is because some sites offer bonuses on your play. If you win, you’ll have to play through a wagering requirement, so it’s best to know what you can win and what you cant win before you even start.
Is it worth keeping track of wins?
Some land based and online casinos offer scorecards to keep track of their wins on particular hands. Players can therefore build up a strategy of betting by using these cards, but it’s very complicated to to predict what’s going to happen whether you record wins or not.
When you play Baccarat, it’s not rocket science. Stick with your strategy and what you think works, because if you start to switch your pattern you may be out quicker than you’d like to be. This game is usually played by big better with high stakes over several hours.
Play short sessions, because if you’re in for the long haul you could potentially lose a lot of money, get bored and bet stupidly.
In Baccarat, a lot of money can change hands really quickly, so decide on a set amount you’re willing to potentially lose and stick to it. If you can manage to win big, it’s probably best not to ride your luck and walk away with your winnings.
Some companies offer a system or strategy for winning at Baccarat – I suggest you never buy these as they don’t work. Do your research, a quick search on the internet will show you that these are a waste of money and don’t help you win at all.
Baccarat Tips & Strategy
- Banker hand is the best bet – this is because it has the lowest house edge of 1.06%. Many players love this bet because it is classed as a much less risky bet as the Banker hand tends to win more. Because its popular there is a 5% commission to even out the house edge for the players who bet on this hand.
- Don’t bet against a run of Player or Banker wins – after a run, statistically speaking rooting for the underdog hand would be advisable, but either stop betting until the run stops or bet with the run.
- Don’t make bets you can’t afford – making bets you cannot afford to lose is stupid. Quite a few players want to up their bets to chase their losses and this is not a good idea at all.
How To Play Baccarat
Apparently, Baccarat can be traced back to 1400’s Italy and comes from the word ‘Baccara’ meaning zero. The game became more and more popular when it was introduced in France in the 15th century. Baccarat is a card game played at land based and online casinos and it features three different variations to play.
At the table
The dealer (also known as the callman) stands up and turns cards face up on the table after they are dealt by the bettor holding the shoe. The callman is solely responsible for calling out the point totals of each hand. It’s the job of the callman to also announce whether the hands get another card. You’ll find a dealer sat either side of the callman and they are responsible for paying winning bets and collecting all losing bets, In Mini-Baccarat, you’ll find one dealer who deals cards and does everything else that the three dealers at the larger table do – but much faster.
The table has numbers that indicates each customer position. There are lined-off areas in front of the numbers where you can place a banker bet and another where you can place a player bet. Every time a customer (or player) wins a banker bet, the dealer will place a marker in the box relating to that customer.
Aim of the game
Baccarat is designed for all levels of card players, whether you’re a newbie or consider yourself a seasoned card player – Baccarat is perfect for you. Regardless of how many players are in the game, only two hands are dealt by the dealer. One hand is for the banker and the other for the players. The players around the table can bet on any of the hands on the table, but the player holding the shoe must either bet banker or pass the shoe.
This is a unique table game that requires players to have a hand up to the value of 9. If no players manage to get a value of 9, the closest number to 9 will win.
The rules are pretty straight forward, cards numbered one to 9 have the face value, Ace is 1 point and then the picture cards (including the 10) are all worth 10 points. Once you have your two cards from the dealer you add them up and take away the tens digit – example of this is if you are dealt a 7 and a 6, it totals 13, so you remove the tens digit to be left with 3.
The worst hand you can have in this game is 10 (whether that be a six and a four or a seven and a three or five and a five) because when you take away that tens digit, you are left with zero – ‘Baccarat’.
The best hand you can have is a Jack and a number 9 – this is 19, but when you remove the tens digit, it becomes 9!
All banker bets (a bet type predicting that the banker will reach the highest hand value) has 5% commission.
Variations of Baccarat
Depending where you play Baccarat, there are many different types of the game to be played. When it comes to playing different types of this game, you will find different commissions and different rules, so it’s best to familiarise yourself with the rules and terms and conditions before you sit yourself at the table. The different types of Baccarat game include:
- EZ Baccarat – in this game there is no longer a 5% commission on winning banker bets. Now, a winning bank hand with a three card total of seven (also known as Dragon 7) is a push. The ‘Dragon 7’ wager is offered and pays 40:1. There are optional side bets offered too; ‘Panda 8’ this is where a player wins with a total of seven with three cards. It pays 25:1 and occurs roughly three times a shoe.
- Punto (also known as North American Baccarat) – this has slight variations to the usual Baccarat game and pays banker bets without any commission. If the banker wins with 6, you will lose half of your bet and get half of it back.
- Chemin De Fer – this version of Baccarat was introduced in France and is considered the original game. Six card decks are shuffled and players are seated around an oval table. When the game begins, one player is deemed at the ‘banker’ whilst the other players are ‘punters’. The banker deals his cards and determines the bet he wishes to stake. Players can bet the same as the banker or place their own. The banker will deal four cards face down, two for himself and two for the punters who then look at their cards. Now the punters must work together to decide whether they should take a third card or not. The winner is the hand that has 9 or closest to 9.
- Baccarat Banque – in this game a given bank only continues for as long as the banker wins, when the banker loses it passes to another player. Three packs of cards are shuffled together and the banker holds rank until the cards have been dealt. Each punter holds the cards for his side for as long as he wins or ties.
Playing live Baccarat
Baccarat can now be played live at various online casinos across the globe. Basically you sign up to a casino site, pick the live Baccarat room and a video is streamed live to the players. You can clearly see the dealer dealing the card out of the shoe and some casinos even allow players to virtually sit at the table through the use of webcams. Players get to see the live action and chat to the dealer and other players too without stepping foot outside your front door.
Some people prefer to play Baccarat at online casino’s because you don’t have the intimidation of other players watching how you play and how you bet.