How To Play Keno
Keno dates back to the 1800’s in Chinese history but it has evolved so much since this time and can be played in many different formats and variations. It originated as a Chinese lottery game and was played on the railroads and mining camps twice a day. Thanks to its simplicity and thrills, it wasn’t long before it became a hit all over the world. It’s a simple game that will take literally minutes to learn how to play.
How to play Keno
Playing Keno online is very much like playing the lottery, its simple, fun and offers big payouts. The aim of the game is simple, you choose your desired numbers from a grid of 80 possible numbers and cross your fingers. After all of the players have placed their bet, 20 of the numbers are drawn. You have the option of choosing just one number or as many as 20 if you like. The more numbers you match, the higher your winnings will be. Keno games offer really low ticket prices, this is probably why it makes it so popular.
The amount you can win depends on the amount of numbers you’ve correctly bet on and the amount you have wagered on these numbers. Each ticket gives you different betting options, such as a four number bet and then a three number bet – this gives you two bets; a four spot bet and a three spot bet.
Players can also bet lower amounts for each way on a way ticket and choose to bet on certain groups of numbers, but this is where it gets complicated as you need to pick numbers from groups.
Many online casinos offer a ‘quick bet’ feature that automatically selects the amount of numbers randomly on your behalf. This is great if you don’t have any particular numbers in mind.
It’s important to remember that the more money you bet, the more you can win. Example, if you decide to bet £1 on selected numbers and want to choose 17 numbers (out of a possible 20), your bet for that particular game will be £17.
When you play online, your ticket will be displayed on your screen. When the draw commences the numbers will be called and will also be shown on your screen. When you have matching numbers, these will be highlighted on your screen and show you if you have won or not. The amount you win will automatically be calculated and added to your casino balance, if you win that is.
Is there a Keno strategy?
There are no strategies that can affect your chances of winning a game of Keno. Some online casinos offer their own variation of this game with bigger and better payouts, so it’s a good idea to shop around at online casinos to see who pays the biggest on this particular game.
In Keno, a small wager has the potential to give a big payout. The majority of Keno games have big progressive jackpots that can be won, this means if nobody wins the jackpot on offer, it keep growing and growing until it is won.
Different Keno bets
Okay, so you can decide to bet on straight numbers or you can complicate things and go for other number combinations, these are:
- Way ticket – you choose six numbers and circle them in two groups of three. You decide the bet you want to place on these two groups at the side of the ticket.
- Overlapping – the numbers you choose can overlap in combinations too. You may have a group of 2, 3 and 4 if you wish. Other options are groups of 5, 6, 7 and 9.
- King ticket – When you circle a number on its own, it becomes known as the ‘King’. This can then be put into combinations.
- Bet on bonus – depending on the casino site you are playing at some offer a bonus number. You have the option of placing a bet on this number coming out, but it will cost you more than your usual bet – but it will also pay out much, much bigger than the standard wagers.
- Video Keno – lots of online casino sites offer video Keno, this allows players to bet on single numbers up to 40. The payout in this game tends to be bigger and better, and game play is much faster too.